Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The “Victim” State of Mind – Why does this happen to me?

People who are victims give others the authoritative power to be in charge of their lives. Only the victim state of mind will complain and blame others for the wrongs that have occurred in their lives. When someone feels like a victim, they will sadly create a bad habit of dwelling on the victim mentality...
For Example:
When I was in a financial state of difficulty, I had turned myself into a victim. A common question that I would ask myself was, “Why does this happen to me?” I would blame the economy, other people, my environment, circumstances, etc… I blamed everyone else for all of the misfortune that I was encountering. I spent weeks, which turned into months, and years of ‘perfecting my victimhood.’ I resisted the acceptance for taking responsibility of my own life. I had a daily routine of going through my ‘hate list’ every morning and every night. My mind was engulfed in negativity. After years of struggling, I had become a person who was consistently unhappy and depressed. I was trapped in the victim state of mind. I was trying to disconnect the undesirable self-identity by forming a habit of chronic complaining. Using despair as my weapon, I had become a perfect “victim.”
“Then I found the key to overcome and break out of victimhood…”
First and foremost, people have to identify and understand the mentality of victimhood. When you are a victim, you blame others; you are not in control of your own life. Victims do not want to embrace responsibility for their own experiences. This can lead to a point where they blame themselves. The reality of it is that there is an imperative difference between responsibility and fault. You need to take responsibility for your own actions. However, it is not your fault.
Second, pay attention to the pattern of your negative thoughts. What type of unfavorable and conflicting thoughts have you been giving yourself?  Recognize these negative thoughts. It’s what you've been contemplating for a long time. You have to acknowledge the contradictory thoughts you created in your mind. It is not who you are and it does not constitute your identity.  
Once you recognize these unfortunate negative feelings, do not resist your negative thought pattern.
“When you resist, you persist.”
Ask yourself about your own thinking pattern. Is it real? Is this really true? Then redirect those thoughts. Take the time to write down all of your unfavorable, conflicting and negative thoughts and rephrase them into a positive affirmation.
Negative Thoughts                      Positive Affirmation
“I don’t have money.”                  “I have an opportunity to make money”
“I have too many problems”         “I have unlimited opportunities”
“I can’t”                                       “How can I?”
“I have a complaint”                    “I have a request”
“I am struggling”                          “I am on a journey”
Example: 
Instead of saying "I don't have money" rephrase it, "I have opportunity to make money.” Now your mind is seeking information that meets the sequence you input to your thoughts. “Abundant opportunities to make money.”  Your mind will begin a research for the resources that align with the abundant opportunity to make money.  
You have now established a new state of mind, new belief system and new reality for your life.
With some conditioning and redirecting of your mentality, you will disrupt the dis-empowerment of your original negative thoughts. If you observe your thoughts every time a negative process begins, just modify the words to a positive affirmation.
We were all victims at one point or another, myself included. With the redirection and reprogramming exercise, you can input a fresh, clear, affirmative and empowering language into your thinking pattern. With this new mental conditioning, it will eventually become difficult for your mind to produce negative thinking.
Everything in your life will redirect itself to the positive side, beginning with your thoughts. You will start to encourage yourself into stepping out of victimhood. You will stride onto a whole new platform of opportunities and start a new dance of life gracefully moving into prosperity and abundance.  
Peace and Love
Namaste....